Winter Writing Festival Check In – Week #3
Posted by Addison Fox Jan 31 2013, 12:08 am
The Third Annual Ruby Slippered Sisterhood Winter Writing Festival is coming to the end of its third week. It’s hard to believe we’re on Day 22 of the festival – people have been doing an outstanding job meeting their goals and it’s time to celebrate!
Today we complete our 3rd full week, and it’s time to officially check in!
If you’re reading this on the Festival website (the blue site), jump on over to the regular Ruby Slippered Sisterhood blog (the ruby-colored site, at rubyslipperedsisterhood.com) and leave a quick comment about your experience with the Festival and your progress so far.
(See info on SWAG you could win, below!!)
A few quick updates before we dive in.
1. THE WWF CHAT ROOM – HAVE YOU BEEN SPRINTING?
Our Chat Room http://www.rsswwf.com/ichat/ is open over at the rsswwf.com site and we have been having a blast. We’re all making progress and making friends – what a dynamic combination. Check the times that are posted on the RSSWWF site (blue site) for your sprint hostesses and come join us.
If you haven’t had a chance to drop in yet or if you’re not sure how it all works, Kim Law put together a great post on how the sprints work right here.
2. If you’ve made your goals so far, you should be at 22 POINTS! (The day one sign up got you a bonus point for the first day!) Don’t forget, you can always make up points so if you’ve fallen behind, just work on catching up over the next few weeks. All writing is good writing!
If you made your goals, please add a line in your comment in all caps saying I MADE MY GOAL!!! You will hear us cheering loudly!!!
This may be the point where you’ve begun to fall behind. Don’t worry about it – every day’s a good day to write. And if you feel your original goals were a tad too ambitious, don’t worry – revise them and keep on keepin’ on.
Also remember, you can always double up on later date. The point is to KEEP WORKING and MAKE PROGRESS!! The festival is designed so you can comfortably make writing a part of your life – finding the right pace and structure for yourself is an important piece of the writer’s journey.
3. Don’t forget to donwload your Festival Participant Badge right here:
If you’d like to post the badge to your personal site, you can grab it here. Just right-click on the badge below, choose “SAVE IMAGE AS” and save it to your computer. You can then upload it to your own website as you please!
4. Is it too late to join??? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
If you’re just discovering us, or if you’ve heard friends talking about the festival, don’t be shy about joining us. The whole goal of the WWF is to write daily and make writing a habit. Every day is a good day to start!
AND NOW FOR THIS WEEK’S SWAG:
Anyone who checks in at the Ruby blog today will be entered in a random drawing to win one of the following prizes – don’t miss out!:
- 25-page critique (Rita Henuber)
- One Night that Changed Everything (print), by Tina Beckett
- 1st two books in Alaskan Nights trilogy (print), by Addison Fox: Baby it’s Cold Outside and Come Fly with Me
- Gift bag of chocolates (Beth Langston)
- $15 Amazon or Starbucks Card (Liz Talley)
So come join us and let us know how you’re doing! How did Week #3 go? Did you make your goals?