Winter Writing Festival: Check-In #6
Posted by Cynthia Justlin Feb 21 2013, 12:01 am
Just one more week to go! The Third Annual Ruby Slippered Sisterhood Winter Writing Festival is coming to the end of its SIXTH week. It’s hard to believe we’re on Day 43 of the festival – people have been doing an outstanding job meeting their goals and it’s time to celebrate!
Today we complete our 6th full week, and it’s time to officially check in!
If you’re reading this on the Festival website (the blue site), jump on over to the regular Ruby Slippered Sisterhood blog (the ruby-colored site, at rubyslipperedsisterhood.com) and leave a quick comment about your experience with the Festival and your progress so far.
A few odds -n- ends before we get to the goodies.
1. THE WWF CHAT ROOM – COME JOIN US!
Our Chat Room http://www.rsswwf.com/ichat/ is open over at the rsswwf.com site. You can check the times that are posted on the RSSWWF site (blue site) for your sprint hostesses and come join us.
If you haven’t had a chance to drop in yet or if you’re not sure how it all works, Kim Law put together a great post on how the sprints work right here.
2. If you’ve made your goals so far, you should be at 43 POINTS! (The day one sign up got you a bonus point for the first day!) Don’t forget, you can always make up points so if you’ve fallen behind, just work on catching up over the next few weeks. All writing is good writing!
If you made your goals, please add a line in your comment in all caps saying I MADE MY GOAL!!! You will hear us cheering loudly!!!
If you’ve fallen a bit behind, don’t worry, just jump right back on and keep going!
3. There’s still time to download your Festival Participant Badge right here:
If you’d like to post the badge to your personal site, you can grab it here. Just right-click on the badge below, choose “SAVE IMAGE AS” and save it to your computer. You can then upload it to your own website as you please!
AND NOW FOR THIS WEEK’S SWAG:
Anyone who checks in at the Ruby blog today will be entered in a random drawing to win one of the following prizes – don’t miss out!:
- 25-page critique (Cynthia Justlin)
- Perfect (print), by Autumn Jordon
- Ex on the Beach (Kindle Serial) and choice of either Caught on Camera or Sugar Springs (print), by Kim Law
- Box of chocolates (US only, Diana Layne)
- $20 Powell’s Gift Card (Shoshana Brown)
So come join us and let us know how you’re doing! How did Week #5 go? Did you make your goals?