The Ruby Prophecy: 2013 Edition
Posted by Vivi Andrews Feb 5 2013, 1:01 am
That’s right, boys and girls! It’s time for the Third Annual Ruby Prophecy! (Okay, technically it’s past time, but it’s always a good time for a prophecy!) This is when we dust off our crystal balls, peer into the future, and make (wild and incomprehensible) predictions for the coming year. You can check out our full predictions for 2012 HERE, but here’s a sampling of some of the predictions that actually came true:
The Ruby Writing Festival was hugely productive for all involved (though I don’t know how we would actually calculate whether we wrote 300,000 combined words!).
We DID have at least two Rubies, two regular commenters and four faithful lurkers final in the Golden Heart again this year. And we DID have our second year running of Ruby Rita nominees (and a winner!) and our first Ruby appearing on the NYT & USA Today Bestseller lists – HUGE Congrats to Darynda!
Hope successfully predicted the Nationals would win the NL East Pennant, and that there were at least five new Rubies venturing into self-publishing. She was on fire with the predictions last year!
Tammy successfully predicted a Will & Kate baby and Elisa predicted she would “bump” into Nora at Nationals, but I do believe it was Jenn who boogied down with the lady herself.
Now on to 2013! I’ll start us off, but don’t forget to chime in with your own predictions for a wild and wonderful 2013!
- The Ruby Winter Writing Festival will be a crucible of creative energy again this year, sparking at least a dozen new book ideas that will go on to be published in the next two years.
- At least 8 members of the Ruby Community will get a call on Golden Heart & Rita Day. (And the Ruby blog will once again be THE place to be as the calls go out to squeal and wring hands and guzzle cyber champagne together!)
- My Mariners will finish the season with a winning record (and this time I mean it).
- At least a dozen new contracts will be signed for Rubies and the Ruby Community, including three big deals that open up a whole new avenue of possibility for the author.
- At least one Ruby will announce a film or television deal for one of her books.
- One member of the Ruby Community will meet an actual member of the British nobility, or perhaps a European royal family, be swept off her feet and whisked off to live on a Mediterranean Isle where she will pen a tell-all true-life-fairy-tale which will go on to be THE next big thing.
All right, darlings! Those are mine. Go forth and prognosticate! Show us what you’ve got!