THE POOR WRITERS SPA
Posted by Rita Henuber Feb 1 2013, 12:05 am
I know this is OT from our normal writing themes. But here it is February and the winter blahs are upon us. I know several places around the country and world have been socked with cold, snow and ice. As a treat for doing well in the Winter Writing Festival of for those pouring their hearts into judging Golden Heart, RITA entries I’m offering a you a respite. A lovely way to relax.
A trip to The Poor Writers Spa.
Two hours with no one home. (You CAN do it. You deserve this.)
Device to listen to soothing music.
Book or magazine.
Lavender bath salts, or lavender or rosemary sprigs.
Favorite body oil or cream.
Lots of towels.
Space heater if you have one.
Mix oatmeal with warm water making a paste and set in bathroom
Turn on music.
Turn space heater to high and close bathroom door. If you can lock it!
Fill tub with hot water. Put in lavender or rosemary.
While tub is filling set up lawn chair and cover with towels.
Bathroom should be getting toasty by now.
Get nekked and soak in tub until water begins to cool.
Climb out and slather body with oil or favorite lotion. Drain tub.
Wrap in a couple of towels or heavy robe.
Cover face and neck with oatmeal paste.
Sit in the chair, prop your feet on the edge of the tub and chill. Listen to calming music or read for 30 to 45 minutes.
Use damp paper towels to remove oatmeal.
Take a long hot shower until the water runs cold.
Use witch hazel on your face (toner).
Re-oil or lotion your body.
Turn heater off.
You should feel like a cooked noodle. Limp and relaxed, ready to get back to writing, reading and dealing. Enjoy.
Rita writes Romantic Suspense. To find out more visit her web home http://ritahenuber.com
The Latest Comments
- Bev Pettersen: Gosh, what a lot of books for great prices. And it’s a long Thanksgiving weekend in Canada.
- Gwyn: Laurie’s Hypnotic Seduction made me laugh out loud when I first read it. The suspense elements are...
- jbrayweber: Whoa! Lots of great books at great deals! May you all see amazing sales!
- Elisa Beatty: I like reading pretty much anything…and yes, super sexy books are definitely on my list. But (odd...
- Liz Talley: This made my whole day better. I wish I had the faith in myself that you have in me. Thank you, Hope....
The Ruby Slippered Sisterhood